Better hearing requires more than just hearing aids. Hearing your best means having the right technology — fit specifically to your unique hearing needs — for the environments you find yourself in most often, and maximizing that technology with better communication strategies.
These communication tips are truly the “back-bone” to better hearing.
Ten Commandments the Hearing Impaired Wish You Knew (www.inmygoodear.com):
- Thou shalt not speak to the listener from another room.
- Thou shalt not speak with your back toward the listener or while the listener’s back is toward you.
- Thou shalt not speak as you walk away.
- Thou shalt not turn your face away from the listener while continuing to talk.
- Thou shalt not speak while background noise(water running, radio or TV playing, people talking, etc.) is as loud or louder than your voice.
- Thou shalt not start to speak before getting the listener’s attention and while the listener is reading, engrossed in a TV program, or otherwise preoccupied.
- Thou shalt not speak while your face is hidden.
- Thou shalt not obstruct a view of your mouth while speaking.
- Thou shalt not speak rapidly or by shouting.
- Thou shalt be patient, supportive and loving when the listener appears to have difficulty comprehending what has been said.
Call Washington Hearing Center today to schedule a comprehensive hearing evaluation or for more information. 636-390-6020
You can also email us at: email@example.com